Tuesday, October 28, 2008

8E Thoughts and reflections

As I have begun to read and comment on many of your works. I have seen a lot of ideas that make sense and have strong logic behind. But it raises more questions. One of the big ones that I wonder about is the following. It is easy to say what is right and wrong and follow the rules we set forth when we are in a privilege where we do not have to sacrifice anything, but what happens when we do have to sacrifice to uphold those values that we believe in. How many of us would be willing to die just so we could say stealing is wrong and should never be done. On the same not, how many us would feel better about ourselves if we didn't let anyone steal from us and that individual died because we were unwilling to share or give food. Wouldn't we rather lose something of monetary value and know it saved someones life. Now this all sounds like craziness but it is the system that Liesel and Rudy lived in and a very similar system that we live in. Is it the best system that we have? I think not. But how then do we fix the system?

3 comments:

Someone said...

well, first, if we sacrifice our values, then those values were just vague ideas created by that person. if you can't stand for your principles then you are dead, because you must have a concrete definition of right and wrong, and you must live with it and never cross the line YOU drew. I would stand by my principles, no matter what. If I saw somebody literally dieing, then of COURSE I would help that poor person. I would rather to willingly GIVE a small possession to save somebody's life. But if that person stole then it is just wrong, and some people would even hunt down that person. And by the way... if we GIVE food to a person, it wouldn't be stealing.

MarioBelot said...

Mr. why did i got a 5 in my commetens i commented in daphnes!!
Congratulations with miss oneal

Someone said...

lol, so when, where and why?